Saturday, November 26, 2011

Falling out of love with India

Falling out of love with India


Park Chung Hee-Yogi, 49, met her husband in Japan. They fell in love, got married and moved to Hubli in Karnataka, 26 years ago. India is home for her now.
"I've spent most of my life in India. Dil hai Hindustani," said Park, 49, who runs a travel agency with her husband at Kemp's Corner.
She believed that she would spend the rest of her life in India, but her plans changed three years ago.
Park was at an event hosted at the Hotel Taj Mahal Palace by the Korean Consulate when she heard the rattle of machine gun fire. "I called my son. He said that there was a gang war on and asked me to stay inside. Soon, he found out it was a terrorist attack."
"Even today when I hear a bang my heart skips a beat," she confessed.
Park is disappointed at the lack of change after 26/11. "We made posters and went to marches. But, did it matter? Kasab is still living comfortably on the tax payers' money… on my money."
"India is my home, I've grown to love it. But I'm getting frustrated at all the inefficiencies and bungling of the government. Nothing ever gets done. When I retire, I think, I'll move to Korea."

No comments:

Post a Comment