Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A 'Big' call for perfection! Bollywood or Hollywood, actor Amitabh Bachchan continues to show the same dedication when it comes perfecting to his lines, as he did decades ago




Actor Amitabh Bachchan may have completed 42 years in the film industry, but over the years the one thing that hasn't changed at all is the star's penchant for perfecting his lines. One would expect the star to now take it easy when it comes to perfecting his roles, but insiders reveal that even today, the senior star shows the same enthusiasm and dedication when it comes to rehearsing his dialogues, as he did decades back as a newcomer. Bachchan himself emphasises on the need to practise his lines to perfection and recently wrote on his blog about it.
"Going through my scene and my lines repeatedly... sitting and saying them, standing walking around… while having a meal, dressing up, idling or as of now even when posting the blog! Its the thing to do. I do it all the time. Even when in Mumbai or on the sets of my film. Obsessive ? No I do not think so. I believe repeating the lines fetches one a degree of comfort as far as memorising them is concerned…" he wrote. However, Bachchan also insists that understanding the character is even more important than knowing your lines because, "…If you can know the character, the lines will come even when not asked."
Talking about his Hollywood debut, Big B reveals that he loathes it, when people say that it would be cakewalk for him. Currently shooting in Sydney, Australia, for filmmaker Baz Luhrmann's adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic, The Great Gatsby which has Leonardo DiCaprio in the lead, the actor continues to constantly rehearse his lines for that perfect shot.
"When I speak of the butterflies and their sizes and volume and its perturbing demeanor, they are genuine concerns. After 42 years in the business one would obviously conclude, as any outsider would that this effort in Gatsby, should ideally be a cake walk. I do not contribute to that at all. And I loathe the moment when this theory or expression is put before me. So in many ways I should ideally not be talking about this at all. For, had I not, the discussions would not have creeped in. Hence it is time to shut the vocals and the stifled ones too..." he wrote on his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment