Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tech queries

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone for my daughter, which has a built-in web browser. I was informed that she can view web pages on the phone just like on a desktop or laptop if she installs a suitable browser on it. Could you please suggest a good web browser which will work well with the Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS that is preinstalled on her phone and the procedure to do it. I have unlimited WiFi Internet in my house.


By default, the Galaxy S3 comes with the Google Chrome browser, and that is a wonderful application. If you are looking for an alternate experience, you can look at the Dolphin browser, which is being touted as the fastest, easiest and the most fun browser in the virtual world.
Alternatively you can also try the Opera Mini, which not only improves speeds but also makes browsing simpler. Both the browsers can be setup through the 'Play store' icon on the phone. You will need to sign up for the Play store using your Gmail i-d and follow the instructions.
If you just want to set up the phone to connect to the WiFi, that is a different matter. Google Chrome is sufficient for it, you just need to set up the phone's WiFi.

I have a Samsung Champ Mega Cam (C3303i), on which I want to download apps. Please tell me how to do it. If not apps at least the Angry Birds game.


I am sorry, but the Samsung Champ Phone C3303 uses a proprietary operating system, and does not permit apps to be installed. Only the Samsung service centre can install applications on it --- if any are available. In any case, Angry Birds is not available for that platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment