Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sushil Kumar routinely sports smart sneakers and jeans to events and drives a Ford Endeavour

The first time he could afford a pair of jeans was after winning an Olympic medal. Today, Sushil Kumar routinely sports smart sneakers and jeans to events and drives a Ford Endeavour. But he remains humble at heart. An episode four years ago illustrates this. After his Beijing Olympics triumph, Sushil was competing in an exhibition match with a Pakistani wrestler in Delhi. Before the start of the bout, a girl approached him for an autograph. As the bout was to start, Kumar promised to meet her once the contest was over.
Sushil floored the opponent with ease, but even after winning the bout he was disappointed. He couldn’t trace the girl. “When she came to me I was concentrating on my bout. After the match I searched for her for at least 15 minutes, but couldn’t find her. To date I feel sad about it,” he says.
Sushil, who trains for at least six hours every day, is known the world over for his extraordinary strength and agility.

Marriage in 2011 seems to have brought luck to the Herculean wrestler. “I have won one Olympic medal for my parents and coaches. Now I want to win one for my wife Savi,” he says.

2 comments:

  1. This is the Greatness and simplicity of Our Sushil Kumar for which We Love Him !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the Greatness and Simplicity of Our Sushil Kumar for Which We Love Him !

    ReplyDelete