Saturday, June 30, 2012

MAIN HOON NA

Hiten Tejwani claims he’s Ekta’s go-to guy because the producer trusts him with any role

Ram Kapoor, Ronit Roy and I are in different leagues. I have an identity of my own
— Actor Hiten Tejwani
Even though TV actor Hiten Tejwani has done shows outside the Balaji stable, he has always been an Ekta Kapoor loyalist, to the extent of being called Ekta’s blue-eyed boy.
Hiten laughs, “People like to call me such names, so what can I say to that? It is true that most of my roles and shows are with Balaji. I share a comfort level with not just Ekta, but the whole Balaji team. The production guys, directors and technicians are my friends as I have worked with them for years.”
Hiten has always been Ekta’s first preference whenever she needed a replacement in her shows, whether it was stepping into the character of Anurag Basu in Kasauti Zindagi Kay in the past or the as the recent replacement of Sushant Singh Rajput in Zee’s hit show Pavitra Rishta. Moreover, whenever a Balaji show needs a boost, Ekta introduces Hiten as a new character in a cameo role, like the introduction of Hiten’s character Jatin in Sony’s Kya Hua Tera Vaada (KHTV).
So does Hiten feel privileged? “Ekta trusts me to take on any role and deliver, be it a brand-new one or a replacement or a cameo. But having said that, I don’t think she would just cast me in any role. It would have to suit me.”
The fact remains that whenever Ekta has called Hiten for a role-replacement, a cameo or a full-fledged role, he has never turned it down. “I have faith in Ekta, which is why I never ask for a detailed character sketch before signing on.”
However, this Balaji loyalist has competition with actors Ronit Roy and Ram Kapoor who are more popular, acquiring the biggest roles in Balaji serials. “Ram, Ronit and I are in different leagues. I have an identity of my own. I wouldn’t say they are competition as we are all in our respective spaces. But I would say that there is minimal difference between us in every aspect,” he claims.
He adds; “Audiences miss me when I am not on TV and want to see me in shows, which is an achievement. The money and awards come second, the love of your audiences comes first.”

No comments:

Post a Comment