Sunday, September 23, 2012

Jewellery designer Poonam Soni has launched a new platinum range in India

Platinum power!


Jewellery designer Poonam Soni has launched a new platinum range in India. And in what is apparently a first for any Indian designer, she has designed platinum coins for both men and women in her limited edition jewellery pieces. The collection is something Poonam had been putting together for a while. “I worked on this collection for one and a half years; platinum is difficult to work with,” says she.
“I wanted to do a men’s line for a long time. I had made a few designs but I wanted to come up with a proper range. So this time I took the opportunity to create some platinum cufflinks for them,” explains Poonam. So was it designing these pieces that took so long? “Designing for me is never a tedious process. I’m a natural designer but I wanted to give platinum a complete makeover which is what consumed so much time,” she adds.
Very fond of colours herself, Poonam’s platinum coin range too is characterised by vibrant hues and bold statement pieces. And in one of the pieces, she has even incorporated one of Laxman Sreshtha’s painting. “There is one abstract painting of his in deep blue shade that I used for one of my designs. All the people who have bought one have loved it including Sachin Tendulkar and Boman Irani,” she reveals.
And with the bridal season approaching, Poonam is sure that her new range will give brides a much needed trousseau option in what she describes as chunky, elegant pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment