Sunday, November 11, 2012

‘MY HOME IS CALMING, COMPLETE AND FULFILLING’ ...says actress Shweta Bharadwaj as she tells us how passionate she is about decor

‘MY HOME IS CALMING, COMPLETE AND FULFILLING’

...says actress Shweta Bharadwaj as she tells us how passionate she is about decor 

Shweta Bharadwaj relaxes in her bedroom with her pet

    Actress-model Shweta Bharadwaj’s two BHK, 14th floor apartment in Goregaon (W) looks more spacious than it is, because of the clever way in which the actress has done it up. She advises, “Keep it clutter-free. Try using all the space and if you can break a wall, you should. You can probably utilise that space in a better way — like I have made an open kitchen, to give the living room a larger feel.” Here are excerpts from an interview:
Is this your dream home?
    
I had wanted a home close to the sea. However, the view from here is also breathtaking. Quite a few of my friends stay in this building and it has a spacious compound, ample parking and all the high-tech facilities. I would definitely giveit a 7.5/10.
What is your favourite place at
home and why?
    
My bedroom. The master bedroom has a girly feel to it with shades of pink and peach. I have a walk-in wardrobe in the master bedroom. I broke down a part of the wall near the bathroom to
make a small window which opens into the bedroom and I can watch the TV while in the bathtub. I also have a single sofa with a leg rest in the room, which is very British, something that is usually not seen in Indian homes.
What is that one special memory you associate with your home?
    
Every Diwali I have a gettogether for my friends and fami
ly. The Diwali puja at my home is very special because my best friend Shonal Rawat and I do the puja together. I make a lot of sweets for guests and neighbours. The Diwali party is always my favourite and every year gives me new and beautiful memories.
Favourite possession at home?
    
My walk-in wardrobe. It was there in my previous house and I have shifted the whole cupboard and stands to my new house.
Which part of your house would you call the party corner?
    
My living room is my party corner as it has the bar attached to it. It is a fun place with two bar stools and some great alcohol on display. I have used concealed lights and yellow spot lights that can be dimmed at will with a remote control.
Which is the most calming space in your house?
    
I have created a small book corner in the living room where I can sit with my cup of coffee and read a book. The living room has ambient lighting. Since I love burning camphor in my house, the essence of it has a calming effect in the whole house.
    debarati.sen@timesgroup.com 

What does interior decoration mean to you? It is a passion. One has to be completely in love with their house to work on it for hours and days at end, as each item, furniture, linen, has to be chosen carefully. Interior decoration is hard-work.





The bar


The living room

No comments:

Post a Comment