Saturday, November 3, 2012

I have cooked fish curry and prawn masala for Anjali

I have cooked fish curry and prawn masala for Anjali

    From a middle-class Maharashtrian boy who relished mom-made food, to being the ‘God of Cricket’ who has been a globe-trotter, Sachin Tendulkar has been exposed to various cuisines during his 25 years of cricket. The cricketer took out time to have a conversation with Times Now journalist Boria Majumdar and also launched his book An Average Indian Man’s Encounters With Food.
    When asked about his favourite cuisine, apart from the food cooked by his mother Rajni, the cricketer said, “I love Japanese food, which was introduced to me around 12 years ago. Earlier, I used to eat only sushi. But now, I have developed taste for sashimi and raw fish as well.”
    And it’s not just about exploring various cuisines, Sachin also loves to whip up meals for family. He often pampers wife Anjali by cooking fish curry and prawn masala for her. Says the master blaster, “I have learnt a few things from my mother. I have asked her to keep her recipes properly, because I want my cook to prepare food
exactly like her.”
    Sometimes, food has also taken him by surprise. He recalled, “It was during my first tour to England that I realised cold chicken is also meant to be eaten. I was not used to it, but as time went by, I developed a taste for them.” And
while exploring various cuisines, Sachin, who has also tasted ‘weird’ food, said, “I have tried eating snail, it didn’t taste too good.”
    Sachin also enjoys exposing his teammates to new cuisines. “I took Suresh Raina to a Japanese restaurant a few years ago. It was his
first experience and it wasn’t too bad. Harbhajan Singh appreciates Thai food, because it’s a little spicy.” So, have his colleagues made him taste food cooked by them? Pat came the reply, “You think I would want to try that?” He quickly added, “I am kidding, but nobody has done that so far.”
    Incidentally, Sachin’s daughter Sara also loves good food. He revealed, “Sara likes to taste different cuisines like me, but Arjun sticks to the basic Maharashtrian food. He likes to eat varan-bhaat.”

Sachin Tendulkar


Anjali Tendulkar

No comments:

Post a Comment