Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Youngsters have switched to reading e-books

Youth in the city have stopped lugging books, they prefer reading on the comp
Youngsters are on the go and they want to carry their reading with them which has led to a spurt in the use of e-books

Even a few years ago, a youngster would have been totally unaware of the concept of an e-book. Avid book readers preferred carrying with them their heavy books, even though it was uncomfortable.
However, these days, youngsters are smarter. Wherever possible, they have switched to reading e-books. They could also probably give you a list of reasons why they prefer reading books on their computers or mobiles rather than lugging heavy stuff around. An e-book, also known as an "electronic book" or a "digital book" are books you can download and read on your computer. In most cases, you need to have Adobe Reader installed in your PC if you want to read an e-book.
Most e-book users say this trend is catching up with youngsters simply because using an e-book is extremely convenient. Also, most e-book users use their laptops or mobiles to read a book of their choice.
Nerul resident Milind Kadam says, "A few e-books which I have downloaded include the seven Harry Potter novels, a few books by Munshi Premchand as well as 'Alice in Wonderland'. I usually read books on the computer, but whenever I am on the move, I prefer reading on my mobile. Fortunately, I have an Android phone which has an application because of which I am able to download books very easily. I am an avid book reader and I enjoy reading these e-books a lot."
"The biggest advantage of e-books is that you can find any book easily on the internet these days. Besides, downloading is also not much of a problem. Since I like using my computer for all the work I do, I enjoy reading books on it. Another advantage of reading an e-book is that you can read your book while checking your mails. When you are traveling long distances by bus or train, these e-books can be easily read because the screen is well-lit."
An avid book reader feels that because of this concept of e-books today, they are able to take along with them their entire library wherever they go. Seawoods resident Ipshita Bose says that a friend of hers introduced her to the concept of e-books a year ago, and since then she has been downloading all the books she has always wanted to read.
"There are a few books I had read in the past. This time, I downloaded the book and read it. An e-book allows me to bookmark the pages. Besides, some e-books allow you to change font sizes and styles also. Since I am a 'Twilight' fan, I downloaded the PDF of all versions. One of the best parts about an e-book is that the user can actually search for the content he/she wants instead of scanning the copy physically."

No comments:

Post a Comment