Wednesday, August 17, 2011

GISELLI GOES DESI AGAIN

After playing a college going girl in Always Kabhi Kabhi, actor plays `nautanki waali' in Sanjay Mishra's first As you do more films, you have to work harder. I am continuing with my Hindi classes Giselli Monteiro, actor
Actor Giselli Monteiro (above) started her career with a rather silent outing in Imtiaz Ali's Love Aaj Kal (2009).
After that, she got herself a role in the Shah Rukh Khan production, Always Kabhi Kabhi, which she felt suited her age. However, for her third film, the Brazilian actor is returning to her filmi roots. She's been signed on to play a `nautanki waali' (folk theatre artist) in actor Sanjay Mishra's directorial debut, Pranam-Walekum.
Mishra has previously acted in many films, the latest being Chala Mussaddi Office Office.
“I can't disclose much about the role, but I know there's a lot of hard work for me ahead,“ says Giselli, who still doesn't speak or understand Hindi very well. The actor, interestingly, didn't even know what `nautanki' means. She laughs before adding, “I didn't take very long to decide that I wanted to do this. It's a different film.“ Giselli, who started taking Hindi diction lessons when she first entered Bollywood, has no plans of letting them go. “I've realised that as you do more films, you have to work harder. I am continuing with my Hindi classes. And more importantly, I will have to work on my dancing abilities, for the part may require it,“ says the young actor.
When asked whether she felt life had changed for the actor after two films in Bollywood, she smiles and says, “It has, definitely. I thought I had a whole lot of stuff figured out, but obviously I haven't.“ Pranam-Walekum is scheduled to go on floors on August 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment