Thursday, November 6, 2014

Akshay Kumar's Time Management Secret





HOW DOES AKSHAY KUMAR MANAGE TO DO SO MANY FILMS IN A YEAR? 
 
imggallery 
 
 


Every superstar has E something he does that makes you wonder how he does it. We wonder how Akshay Kumar manages to not just do four films a year, but also take a holiday after every film with his family . We decided to ask him his Time Formula. Excerpts: EXPLAIN YOUR TIME FORMULA TO US.
The maximum number of days I have shot for a film = 72 days (for Rowdy Rathore) Average number of days I shoot for a film = 60 days ie. Total number of days I shoot in a year = 60 x 4 = 240 days Days for brand endorsements = 7 Balance = 118 days are holidays Don't work on Sundays = 52 days Annual holiday with family = 45 days One week holiday after every film = 3 times = 21 days
ALSO:
Sometimes, I have even more free days as films like Namastey London, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi and Jaanwar I have shot in just 32 days.
When you work so hard, do you have to forego your sleep?
Not at all. I go home on time and usually don't shoot at night, unless it is a night sequence. I work only 8 hours a day . I need my full 8 hours sleep and usually sleep by about 10 pm as I get up between 4 and 5 am.And yes, lifestyle is important, so I don't party as I need to get up in the morning. If you start early , you can actually finish half your day's work by 10 am. I have so much time during the day .
But there are films that require lead actors for more than 150200 days. So, do you opt out of such films?
In Avatar, the main lead's role was not more than 45 days. If a filmmaker plans his production well, you actually don't need to shoot with the lead actor for more than those many days, which is why in Hollywood, they may plan a film for years, but the actual shoot time is very tight. It just requires better planning that we currently don't do.
Who taught you time management?
Someone said, `Bad news is that time just flies. Good news is that I am my own pilot.' I believe in it and have followed it. The secret to my time management is that there is no secret. My dad always taught me that no one, not even God, can tell you what you can do in a day . If you want to make God laugh, you humbly tell him what you're going to do today . And that's exactly what I do. In my 5-minute shower in the morning, while I drink my juice and brush my teeth, I decide on what I will do during the day . You just need to make one's time a priority, so you can make everyone else's life easy. We're only here once. If I played with time, there's no way I could make 4 films a year and travel the world with my family . Respect time and time will be on your side. Abuse it and it will pass you by , along with all its opportunities.



No comments:

Post a Comment